My Shop

Sunday, October 30, 2011

With a Little Help from my Customers

A while ago, I wrote a blogpost about learning to say no.  In the midst of trying to start my little business, there have been many voices other than my own seeking to define what my business should be.  I appreciate that so many care enough about me to share their ideas.  I say, "Keep the good ideas coming!" Don't be offended if they don't all come to fruition.  Some ideas will naturally resonate with the vision I have in my head as to where this whole thing is heading... Some will not.

Here's one idea that did really hit me as a fun one that I wanted to pursue.  A woman contacted me via my Etsy Shop requesting that I make her some hippos in colors other than the blue that I was offering, to give as party favors for her son's Hungry Hippos themed birthday party. She told me it is going to a Hippo and food themed party and they will be collecting food for a local food bank - WOW!





I cannot tell you how fun these were to create.  My whole family fell in love with them instantly.  And while I do not condone bogarting trademarked materials, we are just calling these inspired by Milton Bradley's Hungry Hungry Hippo Game...   So, I hope you get a chuckle out of my new Hip and Happy Hippos!  I sure did!

No comments:

Post a Comment