My Shop

Sunday, January 15, 2012

I Have the Best Job

My finger puppets at a holiday crafts open house hosted by a dear friend.
After the Christmas rush was finally over, and the last stitch had been sewn. I boarded a plane for California for some much-needed time with my husband and five children.  We had a wonderful trip.  When we returned, I was greeted by so many messages of thanks from my clients, I was blown away.  There was a common thread throughout all of them, "our kids loved their Christmas gifts made by you!"  With all the craziness surrounding the holidays, I never quite forgot that I was making items that would end up under someone's Christmas tree, but to hear that my creations actually made children smile on Christmas morning kind-of blew me away.  It was truly humbling.

Why I do what I do.
Then, I had the opportunity to visit the home of a friend for whom I had made capes for her girls.  They didn't realize that I had made the capes "from Santa" for them, but their mom had them model them for me.  They even took them for a test run around the house.  As I left their home, I became a little emotional and turned to my husband and said, "I truly have the best job.  I get to sew things for little children that make them happy." Now what could be better than that? I do something I love to benefit the best people on earth: little children.



 There is almost always a real feeling of good-will between my clients and me.  I am always so happy to hear that my finger puppets were a hit at the birthday party, etc.  Because really, who can think of little ones and not smile at least just a little.

2 comments:

  1. That display looks great! And isn't Christmas fun with kids? Mine are all teenagers, and while it's still fun, it's sure not the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, if it wasn't for our little caboose baby (now 4), we would just have the grown kids... Christmas with teenagers is fun, expensive, but fun... But yes, definately not the same! I can't wait for grandkids!!!!

    ReplyDelete